Teddy has Plagiarism Issues?



Teddy, the composer & producer of 2NE1's "I Don't Care", has finally spoken up! Earlier this week, Sony sent YG Entertainment a warning letter, and with YG Entertainment's long-awaited response, it seems like Teddy is ready to make his position clear as well. On Thursday (September 24), AM7 conducted an exclusive phone interview with the man himself, who firmly denied accusations of plagiarism.

"After the "I Don't Care" controversy started, I listened to Lionel Richie's song "Just Go"," Teddy stated, "but you can't call it plagiarism just because the feel (not melody) of the two songs is similar ... I'm frustrated, because some people are convinced that I not only referenced, but plagiarized "Just Go"."

"Even if two people live on opposites of the world in totally different environments, they can still have similar facial features," Teddy explained metaphorically. "If you write a song and it sounds like other songs, I think it's the composer's responsibility to fix it. But heaven knows that I have nothing to worry about. I fight plagiarism and have nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not interested in a lawsuit at all."

Unfortunately Teddy, you don't have the final say in that matter - we have yet to see what kinds of further actions (if any) Sony decides to take in this matter. Stay tuned to allkpop as this controversy develops...

Source: AM7, munhwa.com
Thanks to wormee for the tip!
blog comments powered by Disqus

Powered by Blog Oh! Blog | All Rights Reserved. K-avenue Blogspot 2009